Monday, July 28, 2008

PUNDITS AND TALKING HEADS-------------

----------------DO THEY HAVE A CLUE? OR ARE THEY AFRAID TO SPEAK THE TRUTH? I SUSPECT IT'S THE LATTER.

On HARDBALL today, the question is asked, but not answered as to why Obama isn't above the 50% level in the polls. The answer is so obvious and so easy, but no one wants to say. I guess it's up to me.

I'm an old white* man. I grew up in the South under Jim Crow law. I understand what is going on. I hate this, and hope with all my heart that I am wrong.

But, here it is. If Obama was white and had a regular name, with his brilliance and soaring rhetoric, he would be above 60% in the polls.

This is so sad, but so true.

Come on folks. Get over it. For the last 7+ years you've had a white guy who is as dumb as a post. Look at the mess we are in! The Iraq war is a disaster. The upcoming federal budget deficit is almost 1/2 trillion dollars. We owe foreign countries so much money, its beyond all imagination. If you vote wrong in this election, we may die as a country. Even if you vote the right way, it may be too late.

I didn't want to have to say this. The truth hurts, and more pain is coming.

*added later to prevent confusion as to where I'm coming from.

No comments: