Saturday, September 27, 2008

"BAILOUT"

The thieves and scoundrels who brought this financial disaster down upon us are being rescued from the consequences of their greed and stupidity. What about the rest of us? What about the innocent poor who are just getting by, and now will suffer?

Will any of these crooks go to jail? Very doubtful. If I was a poor man, out of work through no fault of my own, broke with no money to buy food for my family, what would I do. Beg on the street? Go door to door asking for help? Become desperate and steal food or money to care for my children? Get locked up, while my family is thrown out on the street?

I remember poor people going door to door begging food back in the depression before World War 2. We were fortunate. Dad's business brought in sufficient income, and we had enough property in a small Virginia town to have a large garden and chickens. We never went without the necessities. Mother fed many people who knocked on the door, hungry and raggedy.

The incompetance of our government and the greed of the Wall Streeters have brought us to the precipice of depression.

WHAT IS NEXT?

No comments: