Thursday, June 26, 2008

THE WISDOM OF BARACK

A quote from THE NEW YORKER, 6/30/08. Excerpt from  Obama's 2002 speech about Iraq.

"I know that even a sucessful war against Iraq will require a U. S. occupation of undermined length, with undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than the best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of Al Qaeda. I'm not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars." 

The wisdom shown in this speech can only presage the wisdom that will be brought to bear if Obama is elected President of the United States.

The time has come to end the major export of the United States.

WAR!

My brother lives in Mexico. He has had Mexicans say to him:

"You people really like war don't you?"

A sad example of what people in the rest of the world think of us. I never thought  I would live to see such a disgraceful state of affairs. This from the country that after WW2 created the Marshall Plan and the Berlin Airlift to help the citizens of Germany, our defeated enemies.

Why have we lost our moral compass? Can we get it back?

 

 

No comments: