Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"The evil that men do-------"

Concerning nuclear power plants: As in all human endeavours, if there is a chance that something will go wrong, it most likely will. This thought has been lurking in the back of my mind from the earliest days of nuclear power.
I remember Hiroshima/Nagasaki, We got all of our news by radio and newspaper at that time. I remember those events. I was a paperboy. I was waiting with the other paperboys for the delivery truck bringing the newspapers for us to fold and deliver to our subscribers, I opened my bundle and the headlines screamed out at me concerning the destruction of Hiroshima by this new monster of a bomb. Incomprehensible! Beyond all belief. We didn't know at that moment that the war was almost at an end. Soon we would learn, and it was a great relief. Later came concern and fear. Concern and fear has never left. Maybe sublimated. Maybe ignored. Never purged from the subconscience.

No comments: