Thursday, October 30, 2008

EXPERIENCE?

The Repubbys are hammering Obama for "lack of experience". Experience may not be all it's cracked up to be. For instance, what good is it if you don't know how to make use of it in a smart way?

I've spent many years in the workplace. In all those years, I've known and worked with people with lot's of "experience". Out of all those people, there were many whose experience served them well, and was an important aid in their ability to do a good job, and help others. They had knowledge and judgement.

On the other hand, I have known many people with years on the job who, to put it bluntly, couldn't find their ass with both hands. They could tell you when it was quitting time and when it was payday, but don't ask for more.

Obama may not have all the years of "experience" that his opponent has. However, he has brains and judgement, He has the rare ability to take in and analyze vast amounts of facts and data, and the judgement to act rationally based on his judgement.

I'm convinced that Obama has the potential to be a great President. I pray that I am right. We are in so much trouble.

No comments: