Tuesday, May 20, 2008

McCAIN AND CUBA

John McCain, the nominee presumptive of the Republican Party is on a major rant about Cuba, and how Obama would sell out the United States were he to become president.
 
Question 1: What is it about weak and tiny Cuba that seems to frighten so many politicians, mostly of the rightist persuasion? Is it Cuba's all powerful military force that scares hell out of the Republicans, much as a mouse is reputed to frighten an elephant?  Question 2: Is this why the elephant is the Republican symbol?
 
My answer to Question 1: There are a lot of Cuban voters in Florida that have a huge effect on the Electoral College vote, and the Republicans will stoop as low as necessary to gain these votes. My answer to Question 2: I don't have an honest answer. I wish I did, but these folks are hard to fathom.

No comments: