Saturday, April 26, 2008

A BIT OF FOOLISHNESS. PRAYER AT THE PUMP

Nearer, My Gas, To TheeNearer, My Gas, To Thee

Rocky Twyman has a radical solution for surging gasoline prices: prayer.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/04/26/BUCN10C1KR.DTL

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My response:

The first thought that came to mind was one of my mother's "motherisms".
"GOD HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES". As a youth, I heard it many times.
 Wake up fools. God had nothing to do with the price of gas. This mess was created by the greed and stupidity of mankind, and only when we wake up and take positive action will the situation begin to stabilize.
Some advice for prayermiester Rocky Twyman. Follow my mother's advice and help yourself. Buy a hybrid. Install solar energy panels. Take public transportation. Drive your car less. And stop complaining to God. It ain't her fault!

No comments: