Wednesday, June 12, 2013

SBBK show

SEI BOKU BONSAI KAI ANNUAL EXHIBIT

Is it over the top to say our 2013 annual bonsai show was the best we have ever done? I think not. I've been involved in every SBBK event since the founding of the club, and this exhibit in all respects was one that will remain in my memory for a very long time. My hearty congratulations to all participants.

Thanks to the members who were there for the setup. I think it went very well, and was a good example of hard work and cooperation by all involved.
I don't believe that I've ever seen so many bonsai brought to the Friday evening setup. Several tables were crowded with trees ready to show. A feast for the eyes.
Thanks and congratulations to Valerie and Gordon for their artistic placing of the trees. It was done with love and care and attention to detail. This is what makes a successful exhibit. I can still see it in my mind's eye, and the memory will linger for some time.
Thanks to Dave DeGroot for his demonstrations and exhibit critique. His presentations showed a mastery of the art of bonsai and a refined ability to teach and explain.
Once again, thanks to all. Ya done good!!





No comments: