Monday, December 5, 2011

First Class Mail

The news seems to say that there will be a slowdown in delivery time for first class mail. I'm sure that some businesses are already licking their chops at the prospect of charging penalties for late payment of bills. My response to those jerks is this: If it is at all possible, I will cease doing business with you if there is a penalty because of circumstances beyond my control. This is a 2 way street. The Post Office will be slow in getting your bill into my mail box, and slow in delivering my return mail. This is an unfortunate situation that you will have to live with.
I realize that there are busineses such as utilities that I can't cease doing business with, so they will have to adjust their accounting to deal with the slower turnaround time.
This will be no time for stupid behavior. We must all do our best to respond to a problem that is mainly out of our control.
Be patient. Be smart.

No comments: